13 April 2008

Heaven's little angel..

I just got the news that Engla was found dead earlier today.The man who was suspected of taking her - the same person who owned the car that was photographed, the same person who lives just a few hundred meter from where I work told the police that he killed her and he showed them where she was buried. He also admitted killing another woman in 2000 only 20 kilometers from where I live.

Apparently they found her body only a few kilometers from my house and her cell-phone in an area where a friend of mine lives.

http://www.thelocal.se/11082/20080413/

I knew that he was in custody this past Friday when I called my son's school and told them that he could start walking home as I was driving home from work. When my son was halfway home I met up with him and picked up his school bag and he wanted to walk the rest of the way. I picked up my daughter from preschool and as I was getting out of my car I saw my son come walking down the road. As he came up to me he told me that he had met an older man walking with a boy and this man had apparently asked my son if he wanted to follow this man home. My son gave me a description of this man so I belive it to be true.

The thing is that kids here are allowed to play outside without supervision when they are as young as 6-7 years old and it's no big deal but now I don't know if I can ever let him go outside to play or walk home from school on his own. A few days ago my son asked if I could drive him to his school because he wanted to look for Engla's bicycle as it was missing. He's been asking about her every day since this happend and only moments ago I had to go downstairs to tell him that they had found this girl and that she was dead. It just broke my heart.

No comments: