28 July 2006

I went for a walk today.

By now I was sick and tired of being cooped up in the house and I desperately felt like taking a walk but knowing I usually can go only 1 km before my heelspur tries to kill me I took both kids with me - this usually means that the walk will be cut short since my son isn't a fan of walks but this time he rode his bike.

By the time I got to the first house by this road I realized that I didn’t feel any pain at all and I just kept on walking!

I thought I should take you on a scenic tour of our walk:

This is the perfect road to take walks! I love walking here and it's only 5 minutes from my house. This road is about 2½ km long and it's great road for my son to ride his bike because there are no cars here. Usually my daughter falls asleep while walking here but not today. :D

I love taking photos like this. There where a lot of beautiful houses along the road but I don't think it's right to take pictures of other peoples houses but I don't mind taking pics of the odd barn or so.

I made the decision to take the long walk which meant taking a walk around the lake where we live and not just to the end of the road and back again. At one point there was no way my son could ride his bike and I had to struggle to get the stroller down this slope.





There is something so peaceful about water and I couldn’t resist taking a pic of this. I’m actually standing by the road and on the bridge over this stream.


These are parts of an old bridge not far from our house. In another life I would have become an archeologist..


After a 1½ hour or so walk I can finally see my house..

We're finally at home - 10 km later. All we had to do now was to sit down and have lunch - perfect timing! :D

No comments: