28 July 2006

It's still very hot!

The heat wave is continuing and all I can do is to stay inside the house. After lunch today we went to the beach and there was not a single person there but us and it was great! The kids could run around and play in the water and we had a great time. The water was just perfect – 25°C and I could have stayed in the water forever!

Not 10 minutes after we got back home the phone rang and it was my father-in-law who wanted to know if we where going to be at home today and he asked if they could show up in a few minutes. This was when both my husband and I started to panic since we know it’s a 25 minute drive for them to get here and it looked like a bomb had gone off in our house. My back has been hurting like you wouldn’t believe for the past two or three days and I haven’t been able to take care of the house work and my husband has been too busy trying to keep the kids from dying in this heat.

It took us 15 minutes to get the dishes done, get all the stuff away from every room but our bedroom and we actually managed to get the floors done as well! *this is where I give myself a pat on the back for a job well done* :)

No comments: